In case you haven’t heard, avocados are truly a super food! Did you know that avocados are packed with over 20 kinds of vitamins, potassium, and lutein? All of these nutrients can lend themselves to a healthier lifestyle and diet, and offer many benefits to your body. Full of “healthy fats” avocado can help you absorb the nutrients in other foods more efficiently, and can be a tasty way to kick your healthy living habits up a notch.
If you want to incorporate avocado into your diet, take a look below at some helpful suggestions. You will find 6 healthy ways to add avocado to your diet, so you can make sure you are reaping all the health benefits this fruit has to offer!
1. Use it as a rich sandwich topping. Skip the fat filled mayo and cheese and opt for avocado instead. Slice up some nutrient rich avocado and top your burgers and sandwiches with it. It will add rich flavor and you won’t even notice the mayo and cheese isn’t there.
2. Add flavor to your chicken and tuna salads. Cut back on the mayo and add some creamy avocado to your chicken and tuna salads instead. It will add more nutrients and healthy fats to your salad and taste amazing. For any chicken or tuna salad recipe, cut back the mayo measurement to half and add in some smashed avocado instead.
3. Use it to thicken up dips. So many dips can be made yummier when you add avocado to them. You can also use avocado in place of cream cheeses and mayo as well, making it a healthier recipe. Experiment with various dip recipes and see how avocado can help make them healthier and tastier.
4. Cube it for salads. Any salad can be made better when you add avocado! Cube avocado and add it to cold salads, taco salads, any salads! The avocado will help you absorb the nutrients in the salad better and add tons of healthy flavor.
5. Spread it on toast. Forget using butter and cream cheese, spread smashed avocado on your toast instead. This is an easy way to add flavor to your toast and add extra nutrients to your breakfast. Just smash and spread for a tasty breakfast treat that is also good for you.
6. Puree it. People are getting so creative with pureed avocado. You will find that people add it to shakes and smoothies, brownie mixes, they are even freezing it into ice pops. So puree those avocados and see all of the ways you can use the mixture. You might just find it enhances your dessert or your energy shake.
Who would have thought that this small fruit could be so valuable? As you can see there are so many creative ways to add avocado to your diet. Give these 6 healthy ways to add avocado to your diet a try and see how simple it can be to enjoy a healthier and tastier lifestyle.