I love making each holiday special in its own little way for my kids. Here’s a list of 30 things you can do with your kids for Valentine’s Day to make it extra special this year. Have fun!
1. Make heart shaped ice cubes by freezing water in heart shaped candy molds. You can add a drop of red food coloring to make them colorful.
2. Cut paper hearts or make paper heart chains. Squigly’s Play House shows you how to make them here.
3. Read some Valentine’s Day books.
4. Transfer hearts. Mama of Many Blessings shows you how to here.
5. Grow a Crystal Heart like this one from Mummyology.
6. Make a Valentine’s Day card for a friend, neighbor, teacher or family member.
7. Make a mail box for your Valentine’s Day cards.
8. Print off this free Valentine dot-a-dot page from Gift Of Curiosity.
9. Count candy hearts.
10. Hole punch paper hearts.
11. Make a heart shaped necklace.
12. Make a Valentine’s Day sensory bin. I love this one by Motherhood And Other Adventures.
13. Take a Valentine’s bath. Drop some red food coloring in the tub water.
14. Eat candy hearts.
15. Buy some heart stickers or temporary tattoos and have fun!
16. Make a Squishy Heart Sensory Bag like this one from B-Inspired Mama.
17. Make a family love you box from Think Magnet Kids.
18. Sort candy or plastic hearts into different colors.
19. Bake some heart shaped cookies.
20. Make some Play Dough heart shaped magnets using your child’s thumbprint from Teaching Mama.
21. Make a broken heart puzzle like this one here from The Iowa Farmer’s Wife.
22. Make your own heart shaped crayons. Marin Mommies shows you how to here.
23. Serve red Kool-Aid.
24. Make red or pink Play Dough. I love this glittery, scented Valentine’s Play Dough from Mama of Many Blessings.
25. Print out Valentine coloring pages, word scrambles, ect. I found lots of free printables online.
26. Finger paint a Valentine’s Day card.
27. Make a Valentine’s Day treat. (Cut watermelon into heart shapes, cut sandwiches into heart shapes, ect.)
28. Girls: paint your fingers or toes a pretty pink or deep red.
29. Make some chocolate using heart shaped candy molds.
30. Watch the movie, Lady and the Tramp.
Can you think of something I didn’t list? I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below!