I have been compensated to write this post sponsored by Klement’s. Regardless, the opinions are honest and 100% mine. For more details please see my full disclosure policy.
Family mealtime is extremely important in our house. Our family eats together every night for dinner. This has provided a great bonding experience for us. My kids love to tell me about their day and all the exciting things that happened at school.
It does so much more than just promote bonding and closeness though! Many studies have confirmed the more often that families eat together, the less likely teens are to smoke cigarettes, use drugs, alcohol, develop eating disorders or become depressed.
To help you simplify family meal time I’ve listed some of my favorite tips.
1. Get the Whole Family Involved- The saying two hands are better than one is totally correct! If you have multiple children you can have one set the table while the other one chops veggies. If your children are younger and unable to work with knives and such they can still help! My youngest loves to measure ingredients and dump them in the pan.
2. Make a Favorites Board- We’ve all been there. It’s 5:00 the kids are all “starving” and you’re wondering what’s for dinner???
We keep a favorites board posted to the fridge of everybody’s favorite, easy to prepare meal. My youngest has chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese on his list and the girls have things like tater tot casserole which is really simple to prepare as well.
3. Prepare Meals Ahead of Time –If you can squeeze in some time to prepare meals ahead on the weekends and freeze them it will save you a lot of time and chaos during those crazy weekdays. Nicole (mother of 6) from Mama of Many Blessings shares some fabulous tips on prepping meals ahead of time. You can find ideas for monthly crock pot freezer meals, shopping, storing and preparing food for the entire month and more here.
4. Have Plenty of Food Storage Containers on Hand- Plastic food containers make cleaning up the dinner table a breeze! Make sure you have plenty of these on hand and a place set aside to store them in your fridge. This makes for easy access to leftovers.
5. Use Precooked Meats- Using precooked meats such as Klement’s fully cooked sausages makes cooking much easier. It cuts down the prep work and makes preparing meals faster.
This Italian Sausage Spaghetti took about 20 minutes to make. I cooked my spaghetti noodles and mixed in my sauce when it was done. I used a package of Klement’s Italian Sausage and browned the sausages on both sides and cooked on low heat for 5 minutes. The Italian Sausage was then cut into small pieces and topped on the spaghetti along with some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Klement’s is made with all natural ingredients for rich flavor. Their precooked sausages are gluten free, contain no MSG, are produced in small batches and slow cooked by 3 generations of artisans.
‘The Sausage that Links People Together’
“For those who celebrate life’s everyday moments with friends and family, Klement’s is the sausage brand that helps people re-connect and
create memories, because for generations we’ve been making authentic European handcrafted sausage with the taste that brings people together.” -Klement’s
Do you have any tips for simplifying family meal time? Let me know in the comment section below!