We’ve all been there…..we get miles down the road and remember we forgot to pack our toothbrush or swim suit. I’ve been on press trips where I’ve forgotten to pack my entire makeup bag. I’ve also been states away before it dawned on me that I forgot to pack my son’s medicine. Talk about a nightmare situation! I’ve created a handy list of what our family usually packs before hitting the road. Feel free to tailor this to your own needs.
What to Pack When Traveling
- Toothbrush (With a travel case so it won’t get yucky.)
- Hair ties, Headbands, ect.
- Shampoo/Conditioner (Most hotels carry shampoo but conditioner is a little harder to come by.)
- Hair Straightener (Most hotels already have blow-dryers so I don’t bother to pack them.)
- Body Wash
- Body Spray
- Sunscreen (seasonal or if in a warmer climate)
- Sandals (seasonal or if in a warmer climate)
- Sunglasses (seasonal or if in a warmer climate)
- Walking Shoes/Dress Shoes
- Socks (Pack plenty)
- Clothes (I like to pack for an extra day especially for the kids.)
- Phone (Don’t forget your charger!)
- Things for the car ride (markers, crayons, coloring books, playing cards, ect.)
- Bottled Water
- Medicine (Don’t forget over the counter meds for headaches, belly aches, ect.)
Did I miss something you don’t travel without? Leave me a comment below and let me know!