The featured product was provided free of charge to facilitate this review. Regardless, all opinions are always honest and 100% mine. Please see my full disclosure policy for more details.
Healthy eating is something I’m very passionate about. I’ve lost over a hundred pounds over the course of two years. I have never followed a specific diet or even dieted for that matter. I’ve taken a rather unique approach and fueled my body with much needed foods when hunger strikes. I cut out all the junk food and soda and switched to foods my body craves to energize me throughout the day and keep me from getting sick. Junk food does little for your body but fill your belly and halt your hunger pains.
What if I told you eating crickets was actually beneficial to you? Would you eat it?
Chapul, as a company, is a game changer in the alternative protein category. They are the maker of the original cricket energy bar and now they are launching a new Chapul High-Protein Cricket Baking Flour.
Why eat crickets?
- Crickets need only 17% of the food and less than 1% of the water and land resources than livestock for the same amount of protein.
- They require fewer natural resources than meat substitutes like soy, corn and rice.
- Insects are an extremely healthy, delicious, and sustainable form of protein.
- Humans have evolved eating insects, and even today, 80% of countries around the world have them on the menu in some form.
- They have as much Vitamin B12 as salmon.
- Crickets are a complete protein that are high in iron. 15% more iron than spinach.
Cricket High Protein Baking Flour has double the protein of regular baking flour. The flour is Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, dairy Fee, soy free, all natural and contains all essential amino acids. You can substitute the flour in any of your favorite foods like muffins, pancakes and brownies for the Cricket protein flour and turn them into a superfood of the future.
So far we’ve made pancakes and chocolate chip cookies with them and the kids didn’t notice any difference. We decided not to tell them what was in their pancakes and sneak more protein into their diets.
The Cricket Bars -1.8 oz. single-serve bars- are made with 70% organic ingredients & cricket protein. They come in 4 different flavors.
- Matcha: With Matcha Tea, Goji & Nori
- Aztec: With Chocolate, Coffee & Cayenne
- Thai: With Coconut, Ginger & Lime
- Chaco: With Peanut Butter & Chocolate
My personal favorite is the peanut butter and chocolate. They make a great breakfast or on-the go snack.
Want to try the cricket flour and cricket bars for yourself? One lucky reader is going to win a full bag of Chapul Hi-Protein All-purpose Baking Flour & One full case of Chapul Cricket Bars! Follow the Rafflecopter instructions below to enter.
Giveaway runs May 11- May 17. Open to continental US residents only please.