It’s summer and that means we get to bring the messy activities outside. Yeah! I’ve compiled a short list of some outdoor sensory activities you can do with your child this summer. Enjoy!
1. Sandbox: Kids love to play in the sandbox and feel the sand between their fingers and toes.
2. Sand & Water Table: MamaofManyBlessings has a great DIY sensory table tutorial.
3. Chip away at Ice: This is fun to do on a hot summer day. Here’s one of my Ice hammering posts.
4. Jello Excavation: You can find my post on this one here.
5. Make an Ocean: Use a baby swimming pool to make a pretend ocean using blue food coloring, rocks, sand, dolphin figurines, fish, ect.
6. Ice chalk: Reading Confetti shows 7 different ways to make ice chalk in this post.
8. Scented Bubbles: Make homemade scented bubbles like A Jeweled Rose did.
9. Colored Ice Cubes: Mix food coloring into the water before freezing the ice and set outside in a bowl for the kids to explore and melt in their hands.
10. Water Bead Play: Take the water beads outside. You could even put them in a child sized swimming pool and let the kids roll around in them.